The Sony PlayStation 4 will offer 11 "Digital Entertainment Apps" when its new $399 gaming console goes on sale November 15 with a mix of old standbys and perhaps a few surprises.
Here's a list of apps that made the cut, with the promise of "more coming soon," according to this blog post from Phil Rosenberg, senior vice president, business development:
· Amazon Instant Video
· Crackle (the Sony pictures Television-owned OTT service)
· Crunchyroll (Anime)
· Epix (Authenticated TV Everywhere service with more than 3,000 VOD titles)
· Hulu Plus
· NBA Game Time (Live out-of-market NBA games with NBA League Pass Broadband for authenticated subs)
· NHL Gamecenter (Out-of-market games in HD, with NHL GameCenter Live subscription)
· Redbox Instant by Verizon
· YuppTV (More than 150 Indian live TV channel, plus VOD)
That batch will be available on the TV & Video section of the PS4's home screen or in the PlayStation Store, Rosenberg noted.