Advertising Week Schmooze Fest Details Announced
For those Mad Men and Mad Women out there, a reminder to pull out your Mont Blanc fountain pens and mark your dance card for the latest Advertising Week frivolities. The schedule which kicks off, September 21, has just been released and covers the topics keeping Madison Avenue awake at night; no not the late steak dinners - the economy and social media.If you’re more in the market for schmoozing your way up the corporate ladder or even on to the ladder, then there’s the AT&T sponsored nightly networking in Times Square hosted by Advertising Week co-chairs from ad agencies Crispin Porter + Bogusky and Deutsch.
Other festivities include a Wyclef Jean concert, a New York Television Festival premiere week screening and breakfasts featuring Chris Anderson and Mark Cuban. Google will also be on hand to talk social media. For the more musically inclined there’s YouTube’s Battle of the Ad Bands.
See you at Broadcasting & Cable/Multichannel News’ own Hispanic TV Summit, September 23-24. Here are the rest of the highlights. More details at Advertising Week.
- Advertising Week Climate Change Symposium - Aegis Media is hosting a unique three-part seminar on the current and future state of climate change featuring special presentations by the IAA, OgilvyEarth & Saatchi & Saatchi S /Fast Company
- Advertising Week Trust Forum - This special seminar will explore how companies lose their customers’ trust, the consequences of doing so, and most importantly, what they can do about it. Participants include Blake Mycoskie, founder/CEO/Chief Shoe Giver, TOMS Shoes and the Reverend Al Sharpton, founder National Action Network
- Advertising Week Mobile Summit - Uniting the major players for a day long-summit on all-things mobile
- A host of leadership seminars in partnership with CNBC, BusinessWeek, Forbes, Adweek and Brandweek
- A seminar on the burgeoning world of APPS presented by Advertising Age and Appolicious
- Are Legacy Media Going The Way of the 8-Track? A look at the future of radio, newspapers and magazines under the stewardship of Targetcast tcm.
- The inaugural Betawave Attention Convention featuring Peter Guber, Chairman, Mandalay Entertainment & BrettRatner, Hollywood film director
- A broad array of programming addressing the challenges and opportunities of diversity including dedicated seminars under the aegis of the AEF, ARF, Draftfcb, Telemundo, the Vidal Partnership, UniWorld, VCU Brandcenter and the US Hispanic Television Summit
- The Advertising Week and North American premier of the international renowned “Night of the AdEaters” - A Rocky Horror-esque celebration of great creative from all around the globe at Terminal
- The Direct Marketing Association: Business Accounted For - A panel discussion on data and analytics
- The ANA Agency Client Forum - A discussion about the ways to enhance and improve the client/agency relationship
- The Advertising Women of New York’s Media Insights Breakfast, Master Class, and Young Executives Career Seminar
- The Advertising Educational Foundation’s discussion on Advertising and Ethnicity beyond the White House
- MediaPost’s OMMA Global - Thought leadership discussions about a wide range of online media disciplines
- IAB MIXX Conference & Expo - The Official Interactive Event of Advertising Week
- The Launch of the Social Media Advertising Consortium (SMAC)- An organization dedicated to social media and marketing
- AAF 2009 Diversity Achievement and Mosaic Awards and Forum - An event to celebrate and address diversity and multiculturalism within the industry
- BMA/NYC Communicator of the Year honoring Morgan Stanley for excellence in business-to-business communications
- A VCU Brandcenter diversity seminar
- A special screening of the AICP Show at MOMA
- The 7th Annual Hispanic Television Summit - An event for those involved with Hispanic television
- ARF’s 360 Media and Marketing Council and Multicultural Advertising Council