By BIA Financial Networks -- Broadcasting & Cable, 5/30/2004 8:00:00 PM
KLST San Angelo, Texas
PRICE: $12 million
BUYER: Nexstar Broadcasting Group LP (Perry A. Sook, president/CEO)
SELLER: Jewell Television Corp. (Ted E. Kimbell, president and CEO)
FACILITIES: Ch. 8, 316 kW, ant. 1,450 ft.
BROKER: Larry Patrick of Patrick Communications
W35BS Port St Lucie, Fla.
BUYER: Equity Broadcasting Corp. (Greg W. Fess, executive vice president)
SELLER: Triangle Television (J. Rodger Skinner, president)
FACILITIES: Ch. 35, 26.8 kW
W20CF Aquadilla, P.R.
BUYER: LKK Group Corp. (Keith Bass, managing member)
SELLER: U S Interactive LLC (Dean M. Mosely, CEO)
FACILITIES: Ch. 20, 5 kW
K58BL Moses Lake, Wash.
BUYER: Morgan Murphy Stations (Elizabeth Murphy Burns, president)
SELLER: Peoples TV Association Inc. (Nolen Merkley, president)
FACILITIES: Ch. 58, 2.5 kW
W06CA Wassau, Wis.
BUYER: Venture Technologies Group LLC (Lawrence Rogow, president)
SELLER: Davis Television LLC (Michael Siebert, vice president)
FACILITIES: Ch. 6, 0.05 kW
WHCU(AM), WTKO(AM), WQNY(FM) and WYXL(FM) Ithaca, N.Y.
BUYER: Saga Communications Inc. (Edward K. Christian, president/CEO); owns 79 other stations, none in this market
SELLER: Eagle Broadcasting Co. Inc. (Kenneth Cowan, president)
FACILITIES: WHCU(AM): 870 kHz, 5 kW day/1 kW night; WTKO(AM): 1470 kHz, 5 kW day/1 kW night; WQNY(FM): 103.7 MHz, 16 kW, ant. 879 ft.; WYXL(FM): 97.3 MHz, 26 kW, ant. 879 ft.
FORMAT: WHCU(AM): News/ Talk/Sports; WTKO(AM): Oldies; WQNY(FM): Country; WYXL(FM): AC
KRTS(FM) Seabrook (Houston-Galveston), Texas
PRICE: $72.5 million
BUYER: Radio One Inc. (Alfred C. Liggins III, president/CEO); owns 66 other stations, including KBXX(FM) and KMJQ(FM) Houston-Galveston
SELLER: M.S. Stude, et al (M.S. Stude, president)
FACILITIES: 92.1 MHz, 100 kW, ant. 981 ft.
WAMJ(FM) Mableton (Atlanta), Ga.
PRICE: $31.5 million
BUYER: Radio One Inc. (Alfred C. Liggins III, president/CEO); owns 66 other stations, including WHTA(FM), WJZZ(FM), and WPZE(FM) Atlanta
SELLER: New Mableton Broadcasting Corp.
FACILITIES: 102.5 MHz, 3 kW, ant. 469 ft.
FORMAT: R&B Oldies
COMMENT: Radio One currently holds 9.8% of the voting shares of NMBC and is acquiring the remaining 90.2%.
KDHI(FM) Joshua Tree and KKJT(FM) Twentynine Palms (Victor Valley), Calif.
BUYER: Copper Mountain Broadcasting Co. (Gary De Maroney, COO/director); owns no other stations
SELLER: Three D Radio Inc. (J. Duane Hoover, president)
FACILITIES: KDHI(FM): 92.1 MHz, 6 kW, ant. 230 ft.; KKJT(FM): 96.3 MHz, 6 kW, ant. 243 ft.
FORMAT: KDHI(FM): Country; KKJT(FM): Alternative
BROKER: MHC Enterprises Inc.
WUWG(FM) Carrollton (Atlanta), Ga.
BUYER: Georgia Public Telecommunications Commission (James Lyle, executive director); owns 14 other stations, none in this market
SELLER: State University of West Georgia (Dr. Beheruz N. Sethna, president)
FACILITIES: 90.7 MHz, 500 W, ant. 495 ft.
WWNF(FM) Kinston (Greenville-New Bern-Jacksonville), N.C.
BUYER: Curtis Media Group (Donald W. Curtis, president/ CEO); owns 19 other stations, none in this market
SELLER: Archway Broadcasting Group LLC (Al Vicente, president/CEO)
FACILITIES: 97.7 MHz, 3 kW, ant. 249 ft.
BROKER: George Reed of Media Services Group
WKXL(AM) Concord (Manchester), N.H.
BUYER: Humphrey-Stevens Communications LLC (George W. Stevens, general manager); owns no other stations
SELLER: Embro Communications LLC (Peter A. Herz, member)
FACILITIES: 1450 kHz, 1 kW
WTID(AM) Jasper (Birmingham), Ala.
BUYER: Joy Christian Communications Inc. (Ed L. Smith, president); owns one other station, not in this market
SELLER: New Century Radio (Vachel L. Posey Jr., president)
FACILITIES: 1240 kHz, 1 kW
In the May 10 issue, the seller of WNMB(AM) North Myrtle Beach, S.C., was incorrectly identified. Fidelity Broadcasting Corp. (Jerome Bresson, president) sold the station to Norman Communications (William D. Norman Jr., president).
Information provided by:
BIA Financial Networks'
Media Access Pro
Chantilly, Va., www.bia.com
|Station Sales Scorecard|
|2004 YTD*||2003 Total|
|Number||Value (000)||Number||Value (000)|
| Source: BIA Financial Networks *As of 5/26/04
No related content found.
No Top Articles