Broadcasting & Cable - July 9, 2012
Amid all the uncertainty in local TV today, a few truisms remain. One is that when the Olympics and a presidential election fall in consecutive quarters, business will be ridiculously healthy. Yet the second half of 2012 will be stronger still for station groups -- thanks to the noisy, nasty, controversial and richly lucrative concept known as the Super PAC.
- Market Eye
- How Scary Can Pushing a Linear Channel Be?
- New MediaVest CEO Confronts 'Challenge' of Branded Content
- USA Elects to Go With a Different Type of 'Animal'
- Station to Station
- Making 'Great TV,' and Doing It Daily
- NBCU Campaigns for 'Steve Harvey'
- Pac-12 Huddles on TV Everywhere Game Plan
- Washington Watch
- Retrans Could Be in GOP Crosshairs
- Government Speeds Political Postings
- Editorial: Refreshing Candor